Home Country - England
- Music – I’m what you might call a music nerd and I have loved music for as long as I can remember. I like Pop, Rock, Hip-Hop, Electronic, EDM, Jazz, R&B, etc. I think every genre has both good and bad songs. I also produce music for artists, as in, I make the music that they sing or rap to. I also engineer the tracks I produce as well as the vocals that the artists lay down.
- Literature – I have read many different kinds of books but my favorite genre to read is dystopian fiction. Some of my favorites include George Orwell’s ‘1984’ as well as ‘Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?’ by Philip K. Dick.
- Gaming – I have been a ‘gamer’ since my family first got a Sega Megadrive (Genesis) in the ’90s and I fell in love with Sonic The Hedgehog. Since then, I have also become a big fan of other series such as FINAL FANTASY, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, The Elder Scrolls, and many others. These days I play on my Xbox One and my Nintendo Switch.
- Film/TV – I don’t watch many films these days but I love Star Wars, any films by Stanley Kubrick or Quentin Tarantino. I generally tend to watch TV series more these days and some of my favorites include Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, Sons of Anarchy, The Wire, The Expanse, Suits, Stranger Things, Man Men, Peaky Blinders, and Mindhunter. There are too many good ones and I think maybe we are in the ‘golden age’ of TV Series.
- Sports – I have always loved football/soccer and played as a right-midfielder when growing up. My favorite team is Manchester United and some of my favorite players are Christiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, David Beckham, and Paul Scholes. In recent years, I have also gotten into basketball and my favorite team is the LA Lakers. Although it is hard to watch these games as they are often on quite late at night in the UK.
- Travel – I have been to a few different places in both Europe and North Africa but I would like to travel more and do as much sightseeing as possible. My students are always telling me about great places in Japan and in other parts of the world.
My name is Alex (short for Alexander) and I’m a British teacher who has been teaching online for a few years now.
In terms of my lesson style, of course, I want each lesson to be productive but I also want my classes to have a laidback and relaxed atmosphere as I believe that learning English should be fun, not stressful.
I have many interests and I’m always curious to learn about something new, so anything you want to talk about is perfectly fine with me!
Alongside the group lessons that I teach, I also have 1on1 classes available. In these classes, we can cover literally anything that you want to but in case you’re not sure what you’d like to cover… I have created my own custom lessons that we can do. They include general topics such as music, literature, video games and so on. There are, however, also lessons on grammar, and slightly more unique topics such as SMS Language.
I look forward to working with you and getting to know you whilst assisting you with your English development!